INSULIN PUMP THERAPY
Insulin pump therapy is a form of efficient insulin delivery with proven benefits for control of blood sugars. It is routinely used for management of children with type 1 diabetes as well as adults with type 2 diabetes who require insulin. Insulin pump is a simple device which delivers the basal insulin to the body continuously like a normal pancreas. This provides better and stable sugar control, flexibility in meal or exercise timings.
Insulin Pump Therapy Benefits:
- Insulin pump therapy eliminates the need for multiple daily injections of insulin.
- Insulin pump therapy provides good sugar control with reduced variations in blood sugar
- The risk of low blood sugar is significantly reduced with the use of insulin pump
- It provides flexibility in meal/insulin timings
- With insulin pump therapy, variation in the content and composition of diet can be taken care of comfortably.