FORTIS C-DOC PRESENTS:
Multispecialty Surgery For Various Surgical Problems in
Diabetics, Obesity and Related Disorders and for Non-diabetic Persons
- Obese and Diabetic patients are more prone to undergo surgery due to decreased immunity, blood supply, and weakening of some organs.
- Moreover, they are also 5 times more prone than normal persons to develop complications during/ after surgical procedures, making it mandatory for them to receive special pre- and post-op care.
- During and after surgery they may have worsening of blood sugar control; higher incidence of post-surgery infections of chest and urinary tract; pressure wounds; poor wound healing, deterioration of kidney functions, etc.
- Therefore, it is recommended that diabetics must always opt for specialized diabetes centres to undergo surgical procedures. Such a centre, in addition, will automatically cater to surgeries for non-diabetics persons as well.
Keeping these facts in mind, Fortis C-DOC’s Advanced Centre for Multispeciality Surgery caters to all persons and specifically for diabetic patients, as it is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and managed by top surgical, medical and critical care specialists, to provide comprehensive care before, during and after surgery.
Surgical Procedures Regularly done at Fortis C-DOC
- Bariatric (weight reduction) surgery and surgery for permanent cure of diabetes (Metabolic surgery)
- Laparoscopic/Minimal Access/’Keyhole surgery’: Hernia (inguinal, umbilical), gall bladder stones, appendix inflammation, hydrocele
- Surgery for thyroid gland: Nodules and cancers
- Surgery for Diabetic Foot: Ulcers, fixations, amputations, ultrasonic debridement
- Orthopedic Surgery: Total knee replacement, total hip replacement, elderly with fractured hip, sports injuries, arthroscopy: keyhole surgery for knee & shoulder pain
- Urology: Prostate, kidney stones, urinary tract stones
- Laparoscopic Gynaecology Surgery: Uterus removal, uterine fibroids, ovarian cyst, infertility, hysteroscopy
- Cosmetic Surgery: Liposuction (Body contouring), breast augmentation and reduction (‘for male breasts’), lip, face and nose reconstruction, vaginoplasty